Livingston 0-0 Kilmarnock: Killie held in West Lothian

Livingston 0-0 Kilmarnock: Killie held in West Lothian

in Match Reports August 11, 2018

Killie were held to a 0-0 draw as they were unable to breakdown a determined Livingston side on their home return to the Premiership.

Steve Clarke’s men created the better chances during a challenging 90 minutes on Livi’s new artificial surface at the Tony Macaroni Arena.

Mikael Ndjoli came into the starting XI as Lee Erwin dropped out of the squad as he holds talks over a move away from Rugby Park.

Kirk Broadfoot and Scott Boyd continued their centre back partnership with both seeing yellow early on as Lee Miller and Livi player/boss Kenny Miller made their presence felt.

Livi maintained the same style which gained them promotion to the top flight, remaining competitive in all areas of the park.

The best chance of the half saw Jordan Jones drive into space on the left and fire a cross to the back post. Chris Burke had followed the ball across and despite his best attempts on the stretch but his shot found the wrong side of the post.

Burke was the main creative presence for Killie, using his intelligence to find pockets of space in central areas as well as producing wicked delivery from set plays.

While the hosts had competed well in the first period, Killie were on the front foot from the opening part of the second half.

Burke was again at the heart of Killie’s best moves, launching a counter attack by directly dribbling at the Livingston defence. The winger then squared the ball to Stephen O’Donnell but his shot was saved by Liam Kelly.

Iain Wilson and Eamonn Brophy were introduced into the action as we pushed for a winner while Greg Kiltie also showed promising flashes after coming on.

Kiltie turned on the edge of the box but his shot was straight down Kelly’s throat as the referee sounded the final whistle for the afternoon.

Kilmarnock: MacDonald; O’Donnell, Broadfoot, S.Boyd, Taylor; Power, Dicker, Burke (Kiltie); Jones, Ndjoli (Wilson), K.Boyd (Brophy)